Admin News: We’re Opening Submissions for a trial period!
Since we’ve been really busy of late with our own work, it’s made interacting with you guys a bit difficult and we regret that Suggestion Sunday/Solve it Sunday haven’t run in months. We’re just run off our feet!
To remedy this, we have decided to do a trial of opening submissions, for one month, so that you guys can submit objects that you have seen that you think are awesome, write ups of galleries containing ancient objects you’ve seen on museum visits, or write ups of specific cultures that you think would be interesting for your fellow followers.
We’re doing this as we recognise that our followers have a wide knowledge base that exceeds ours in some areas, and they may be able to tell you guys about things we could never dream of. We think this would be beneficial to us all in the long run and more fun for you, our followers.
So, these are our submission guidelines (which can also be found on the submission page):
1) Any post made must be on a subject within our given time frame - 7000 BC - 600 AD (or on Pre History). If you’re posting about a trip to a museum, please make sure that you only cover the “Ancient” part of the trip :)
2) Object posts must follow the same framework as our own object posts, along with the object being correctly sourced to where the object came from (i.e. British Museum web page or Flicker page etc). We will add submission credit to your post. If the photo is your own photo, please let us know and we will give you photo credit.
3) Information posts must follow our format, but of course you can add sources if you wish. These will also have submission credit given to you.
4) All posts will be vetted before being added to the queue. This is just to catch any spelling mistakes, or historical errors before your post is put out.
5) We observe the right to delete any abusive material or posts we feel aren’t appropriate to be put out.
6) We have a very long queue and, depending on what type of post you have submitted (object or information), it may take a while to turn up on the blog. It has reached us and we ask you to be patient.
That’s all the guidelines for now. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask us :)
So that’s it guys! We hope that this will be successful so that we can keep doing this in the future.
The Ancient Peoples Admin Team
Edit: It would be useful if admin remembered to add a link to the submit page. (She’s been researching all day) You can find it here.
Reblogging today for those awesome people in a different timezone!